Thursday, July 3, 2008

Vantage Point

We picked up Vantage Pointfrom the Red Box at the grocery store last night.

The movie stars Dennis Quaid, Forest Whitaker, and William Hurt. It starts into the action fairly quickly. There are a couple of gun shots, a couple of explosions, and then the scene rewinds itself. The scene starts again from the point of view of the next character.

This process repeats a few times. Scene happens, rewinds, and starts again with the next character. I didn't mind this, since I knew from the previews it would happen. My wife got bored and left the room after the second rewind.

I liked the different perspectives presented. I thought some of the scenes were better than others, but for the most part I was enjoying the movie. Near the end there is a pretty cool car chase. One of the best car chases in recent memory.

Unfortunately the car chase was the climax. The final scene went really fast and was over before I expected. I could have done with something a little more exciting, especially since most of the movie was a repeat of the same scene.

Overall, I still think this was a pretty good movie. I would recommend a rental definitely. I don't think I will be adding this to my collection, though.

RATING: (3.5 out of 5)

5 comments:

docemdy said...

I watched in this theater and some people groaned at the start of each rewind. Definitely agree with you about the rental. Or maybe just wait for it on cable!

Kate said...

I'm one of the groaners! Yeah, we were seeing it from a different perspective, but it was still basically the same thing.......glad we only spent 1.60 at the Red Box!

Anonymous said...

My first thought as I read your review was that you must be a patient person who might sometimes take time to see someone else's point of view too.

PamelaMKramer said...

Hmmm interesting review. This sort of reminds me of the Quentin Tarantino method. His movies are great though!

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

You and me both liked it and our spoused did not. I liked the rewind thing and the different perspectives. He was over it after the second one.

We just watched it this weekend. Overall I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Vix
http://vixensden.com