Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Courtyard by Marriott - Buena Park

Courtyard by Marriott
7621 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park, California 90620

For my wedding night I chose a hotel near LAX, as we were flying to Cabo San Lucas the next day. I chose a Marriott hotel called the Renaissance Montura. They had a great "romance package" that I thought my wife would love. Chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of Champagne or Sparkling Cider upon arrival, rose petals on the bed, a bath drawn by a hotel staff member with rose petals, and breakfast with room service are all included in the package. This left quite the impression on my wife, and we have looked forward to a repeat visit ever since.

I joined the frequent guest program so we could earn our way back to the Renaissance. This is the reason I chose the Courtyard by Marriott hotel for my wife's birthday this year. Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to our expectations of Marriott.

The outside of the Courtyard as well as the lobby looked very clean and was as expected. Once we got to our room it was a different story. The couch had a large black stain on both the cushions. The room was arranged in an odd manner so that the bathroom door and closet doors interfered with each other. The bed was very comfortable to lounge on, but it was terrible to sleep on. During the night, my sheets came off the mattress and I had to get out of bed to fix them. The room also had a slightly musty smell, the kind normally present in a Motel 6.

The week prior we had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. That room was much nicer and cost half as much. I sent an email relating my story to Marriott but have not heard back from them. I did fill out the survey they emailed me. I hope they would be interested in the quality of their hotel rooms. I will post an update to this blog if I hear from them.

I hope that my stay at the Renaissance did not taint my idea of what Marriott should be. I suppose only time will tell. Time, and a future stay. Until then, I recommend you stay away from the Courtyard by Marriott in Buena Park.

RATING: (1.5 out of 5)

0 comments: