Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jersey Mike's Subs

Jersey Mike's Subs
1231 South Victoria Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93035

Jersey Mike's Subs is a fairly typical subway sandwich shop. They lean more toward Quiznos and Togos rather than Subway. My wife is a pretty big fan of this place, so this is the second time she has taken me there. The first time I went I liked the restaurant, but not my food. I figured I would try it again before I reviewed it. Today was the day.

Walking in, we were greeted by the whole staff, Starbucks and Coldstone Creamery style. They were pretty friendly. There wasn't a long line, so we ordered quickly.

Like Togo's and Quiznos they have a pretty set menu, and it doesn't feel they are too comfortable with additional items. Subway pretty much raised all our expectations in this area.

I ordered the Roast Beef sandwich, Mike's style. My wife got the Turkey sandwich, also Mike's style. Mike's style includes lettuce, tomato, pickles, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. I added peperocini and jalepenos, and my wife added just the peperocinis.

For a sandwich, this was pretty good. I prefer hot sandwiches, but today's was of the cold variety. All in all it was a decent meal. I think the sizes are a little hard to gauge accurately. The regular looks small, so I ordered the large. It was way bigger than I intended to get, but for $10, I should hope it was huge.

This place didn't impress me, but it wasn't bad either. This is a pretty average place. The Pepsi is pretty good though, which makes a big difference to me. (I am a huge Pepsi fan). Go to Jersey Mike's for a decent meal.

RATING: (3 out of 5)

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Togo's is my favorite. I was in there a couple of days ago for my favorite sandwich. Another Californian. Nice to meet you. :)

Zeee said...

I love subs...i've only tried subway though...

Deranged Insanity
Traipsey Turvey
PierrEzrah